Dear Joe,
I miss you so much it hurts. I guess I still can't believe that it's really over. You flew out of my life just as fast as you flew into it. I guess I thought we'd make it. I know summer's away are hard. I know long-distance is complicated. I know you have your own life to attend to, and it's just so easy to forget about other things. Out of sight, out of mind. I get it. I just thought you really felt something for me, like I did for you. I guess I was mistaken. And honestly, I guess this is all my fault. I pushed too hard for you to jump into this. We should have just hung out as friends and waited until we got back to school. I suggested that, but you told me no. You told me you wanted to do this. I believed you. Again, I guess I was mistaken. Do you want to know what hurts the most? The fact that I was dumb enough to start falling for you. You gave me an escape from a life I had been stuck in. I was in an emotional rut, nearing depression. I saw you as a way out, a savior of sorts. I guess I should have told you. I thought you were here to save me. I guess not. So, maybe this is all my fault. I made you be something, do something, live something you're just not. I made us out to be something we weren't meant to be. It's not that you walked away. It's that I set it up to hurt if you did. Typical me, attaching so fast. I saw this coming, but you swore you were different. But I guess it doesn't matter who it is, it's all the same.
Love Always & Never,
Chelsea
01:43 a.m. has its way of making a person feel lonelier than the light of an afternoon. Enjoy your youth and your existence transcending beyond a cultural sense of identification. Do this and love will bloom between you and your surroundings.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes.